It’s so easy to get discouraged. I understand. I really do. You have tried time and time again to lose weight, only to either gain it right back as soon as you go off your diet or get discouraged a couple of weeks in because it’s too difficult to maintain. What if it is as easy as taking baby steps?
No matter what you’ve tried before, how many plans or programs you have failed, you can choose to take that one step forward, that baby step, that will move you in the direction you really want to go.
I taught my kids since they were little that life is about choices. We always get to choose which path we go down, including the baby steps. So what baby step can you take towards your goal, whether it’s to lose weight, have more energy or sleep better?
- Add one extra veggie a day
- Drink one glass of purified water with each meal
- End your meal with a piece of fruit
- Replace the sugar in your coffee or tea with stevia
- Choose one nutritious snack to have in the evening
- Turn off your electronics 30 minutes before bed
- Dim your lights 1 hour before bed
- Have a 15 minute routine every night
- Read a book or magazine before bed
- Do deep breathing before falling asleep
Each one of the first 5 baby steps can be done one at a time for weight loss and be mastered before you move one to the next. That’s the beauty of baby steps. Just as a baby masters walking by getting better with each step, we get better with each step.
The next 5 steps are for better sleep and can be done the same way. Master one before you move on to the other. Success comes more easily. And of course, your energy will increase with either plan. Better nutrition and sleep increase energy.
© Oksana Kuzmina – Fotolia.com